California Vehicle Code 22526
California is one of the most populated states in the country. Approximately 40,000,000 currently reside in California. Out of eight residents in the U.S lives in California, it is is such a diverse population that no single race or ethnic group constitutes a majority. With all the population gridlock on the roadways in inevitable.
What does the California Code say about CVC Section 22526?
CVC Section 22526 forbids any driver of a vehicle from blocking the intersection of a highway.
- A driver must receive a signal to proceed forward by a traffic light. The driver must ensure that there is ample amount of space from the intersection to the marked crosswalk without obstructing the passage of vehicles on either side.
- A driver that chooses to make a turn at an intersection where the presences of yellow arrow signal or a circular yellow must ensure that there is ample amount of space from the intersection to the marked crosswalk without obstructing the passage of vehicles on either side.
- A driver is permitted from entering a rail transit or railroad crossing without a signal to proceed forward providing that the undercarriage clearance is satisfactory without blocking through passage including, but not limited to city transit vehicle, train, or trolley.
- A driver is permitted from entering a rail transit or railroad crossing where there is signals to proceed ahead provide that there is enough space on either side of the rail transit or railroad to provide accommodations for any railway vehicle but not restricted to city transit vehicle, train, or trolley.
- Signs at the entrance to intersections must efficiently show prevention in sections above.
- Any violation of the code is not considered a violation of the law but are considered:
- A parking violation that is given by a peace officer enforced to regulate parking statutes.
- A stopping violation given by a peace officer as in Section 830.1, 830.2 or 830.33 of the Penal Code.
- This code shall be called the Anti-Gridlock Act of 1987.
The California Driver Handbook recommends effective ways to properly split the difference on the road.
Have you received a California Traffic Ticket for CVC Section 22526?
Have you recently received a California traffic ticket under CVC 22526? Contact our office to discuss how we can help you avoid court, fines, and increased insurance rates. Experience is today’s best teacher. We have more experience than law firms claiming to be traffic ticket lawyers because we channel our entire focus to challenging California traffic tickets. Our experienced legal team is fully focused on your needs and is dedicated to one thing – getting your California traffic ticket dismissed.
What is the punishment for a California Traffic Ticket for CVC 22526?
The fine for a gridlock violation is $238 and one point against your driver’s license. You could plead guilty and pay the fine; however, your automobile insurance could increase for up to three years with the point on your record. Besides that who doesn’t want to keep their driving record squeaky clean. Therefore, a California traffic ticket under this section can be very costly in the long term.
You are not required to plead guilty and take the point on your record. You can challenge your California traffic ticket with Ticket Snipers. You may have a valid defense to your ticket that will result in the ticket being dismissed. Contact our office now to discuss how we can help you avoid fines and other negative consequences of a California traffic ticket. Our agents are friendly and available to help you.